Gabriella R. Comstock joined the firm in 1996. She is primarily responsible for litigation related to community associations, including breach of contract and declaratory and injunctive relief. Additionally, Gabriella represents community associations in many non-litigation related matters, including drafting opinion letters and amendments to governing documents, and providing counsel to boards of directors regarding elections, governance and covenant enforcement. Gabriella represents local lenders in complex and uncontested foreclosure actions. Gabriella has previously represented the Department of Housing and Urban Development, pursuant to a contract with the Department of Justice, in judicial and non-judicial foreclosure actions.
In 2014, Gabriella was admitted to the prestigious College of Community Association Lawyers (CCAL), a select group of attorneys practicing community association law in the United States. Gabriella is actively involved with the Association of Condominium, Townhouse and Homeowners Associations (ACTHA) by presenting at its Tradeshows, moderating the “Ask and Attorney” session, regularly answering member questions in its monthly newsletter, and drafting articles for its newsletter.
Gabriella is also actively involved in CAI-Illinois’ Chapter. She has co-chaired the Program Committee, planning and organizing the year-round programs, the Legal Forum, and the education provided at CAI Illinois’ Annual Conference and Exposition. Gabriella has authored articles for CAI’s Common Interest Magazine, spoken at various CAI Chapter Programs and Legal Forums and participated at the annual Conference and Exposition. Gabriella has co-presented the “Legal Update” at CAI Illinois’ Conference and Expo for the past three years. She also has presented at the CAI National Law Seminar. Gabriella is regularly quoted in Chicago newspapers on issues related to community associations.
Gabriella has contributed to the Condominium Law publication by the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education. She has also presented for the National Business Institute, another resource for continuing legal education, on issues related to community associations and mortgage foreclosures.
- Federal District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Federal Court of Appeals for the Seventh District
- Bankruptcy Court of Illinois
- J.D., Loyola University of Chicago School of Law, 1996
- B.A., Loyola University of Chicago, 1993 (Cum Laude)
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Federal Trial Bar
- Community Association Institute (CAI)
- College of Community Association Lawyers (CCAL)
- CBA Real Property Law, Condominium Law Subcommittee – Co-Chair
- CAI Law Seminar, Planning Committee (hosted annually by CAI National)
- Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education (IICLE)
- Association of Condominiums, Townhomes and Homeowner Associations (ACTHA)
- National Business Institute (NBI)
Click here to read an article regarding the Palm II case, written by Gabriella for DuPage County Bar Association’s publication, The Brief.
Click here to see a video of Gabriella speaking on the topic of Electronic Notice & Voting.