Charles M. Keough has been the managing shareholder at Keough & Moody, P.C. since 2006, representing condominium and common interest community associations throughout Chicago and Northern Illinois in all aspects of corporate governance, litigation, covenant enforcement, construction defect disputes and discrimination claims. The remainder of Chuck’s practice focuses on other real estate and civil litigation matters matters for lenders,developers, businesses and individuals.
For 20 years, Chuck has provided guidance and counsel to boards of directors. In addition, he enjoys educating board members and property managers about changes in the law by speaking at seminars and publishing articles through the Illinois Chapter of the Community Association Institute (CAI) and the Association of Condominium, Townhomes and Homeowners Associations (ACTHA). Chuck has presented for the ISBA and NBI, organizations providing continuing legal education for attorneys. Chuck has also addressed realtors, insurance agents, bar associations and title companies regarding condominium and community association law. Chuck publishes a monthly column in Positively Naperville and has been a contributing author to the Real Estate Taxes Chapter for Condominium Law for the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education. Chuck has been selected as a member of the Leading Lawyers Network.
- Federal District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States Tax Court
- LL.M., Real Estate, The John Marshall Law School, 2005
- J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law, 1996
- B.A., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1990
- llinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Will County Bar Association
- CBA Real Property Law, Condominium Law Subcommittee
- Community Association Institute (CAI)
- Association of Condominiums, Townhomes and Homeowner Associations (ACTHA)
Click here to see Chuck’s interview with Liz Spencer for Naperville Community Television’s Business Connection.